History of the Kutchey Family Farm Market

The Kutchey Family Farms started out in the 1830’s when most of Michigan was still a wilderness. Three brothers, Michael, Joseph, and Nick, traveled from Belgium and acquired 120 acres (40 acres each) in Warren Township. It is here that the legacy of Kutchey Family Farms began.

The family lived through the urban sprawl that altered Warren from an agricultural community to a manufacturing center. However, the Kutchey Family Farms remained involved in the community. In 1956, Joe Kutchey started the farm market. In 1957, Joe married Carolyn and they expanded their business in 1965 by purchasing land in northern Macomb County. Joe and Carolyn ran their business for over two decades until their son, Joe, took over operations.

In 1990 with the growth of the farm, Joe and Carolyn’s son, David, took over the operation of the Warren Market location that has a wide variety of fruits and vegetables grown right in Michigan. The growth and success of the Kutchey Family Market is indicative of its efforts to treat each customer like family.

Comments are closed.